Ya’ll HAVE TO KNOW BY NOW, how much of a HUGE FAN of LEXI BLAKE I am – I adore her solo works – as in the Masters and Mercenaries Series but I am also slowly falling in love with her books with Shayla Black ❤
So, I have here a compiled list of the whole reading order for Lexi Blake’s Masters and Mercenaries series, including those standalone’s, novellas and spin-offs along with the other series that I have come to adore 😀
This is the series that got me back to BDSM world – (thanks for the goodbye, Grey!) – I have always adored dominant men, and when I mean dominant, I don’t usually refer to men with whips, but men who know their mind, who don’t wallow in self-pity and know bloody well when and where to show their strength – not just in the bedroom but in their lives and with their women (Soo happy I just found a MAN EXACTLY LIKE THAT!)
And if you are a new to Lexi Blake, then I DEFINITELY WOULD RECOMMEND you to start off with this series – not only is it well written (beautifully, in fact!) but it is also engaging, has characters that you will come to adore and enough suspense to keep you engrossed till the end!
These are the standalones within the Masters and Mercenaries series – without any continuing story plot line – but they do have recurring characters from previous books and thus, you can read through one of them without looking to the others. You can stop even after the first book – and it wouldn’t matter! You would get all the closure you need just from even reading the one book in the list below!
- The Dom Who Loved Me – (#1) is the story of Sean Taggart, the younger Taggart brother and Grace Hawthorne was beautifully written and the fact the heroine is older to the hero was adorably portrayed. (Read My Review) – Plus IT’S FREE ON Kindle India ❤
- The Men With The Golden Cuffs (#2) – is the story of of Jake, Adam & Serena – A M/F/M Romance (meaning the guys don’t touch each other!) – Jake and Adam have been best friends since their days in the army – and since they started sharing their woman – both have their demons to handle but somehow Serena Brooks is just the woman to handle them. An unconventional relationship that is beautifully handled by Ms. Blake. (Read My Review)
- A Dom Is Forever (#3) – is the story of Liam and Avery – Liam has a special connection with Ian Taggart, and has a past he is running from, but Avery becomes the woman to make him face the future. Extra gritty than the previous books, still perfectly written and more in tune with the emotions (Read My Review)
- On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (#4) – story of Eve and Alex, a divorced couple still in love with each other – there are dark times in their past, but it is their future now in jeopardy when a villain from the past comes back to haunt them again. A lot of more angst, it is a second chance love that doesn’t disappoint! (Read My Review).
- Love and Let Die (#5) – the story of Ian and Charlotte – aka MY FAVORITE OF THE LOT (mostly!) – Ian is a hero that you NEED to meet, LIKE RIGHT NOW – and the best part? Charlotte was literally perfect for him *sigh* and I couldn’t even fight for him, because they were totally adorbs together! ❤ (Read My Review).
- Dungeon Royal (#6) – is the story of Damon Knight, a friend of the McKay-Taggart company and Penelope – a lot more sweeter than the previous books, mostly ’cause of the heroine, but nevertheless, beautiful – but mostly the plot is getting thicker, but this one still can be read as standalone! (Read my Review).
- A View To Thrill (#7) – is the story of Simon and Chelsea, Charlotte’s sister – this is a bit different, with a anti – heroine, and a strait-laced hero! Intelligence and manners are such a freaking turn on – I Tell you!! 😉 This is the last book you can read as a Standalone – the plot and the characters are so going to be intertwined now, that you SHOULD read this book especially if you plan on reading further!! (Read My Review).
Now these are the books in the series, that have a continuing background story arc – that is, while you can read each of them as a standalone, you’ll actually be a little confused for the background plot that will be taking up quite a lot of space! So it is MY SUGGESTION that you at least read these ones in order ❤
- You Only Love Twice (#8) – is the story of Jesse, who meet in In Her Majesty’s Secret Service and Pheobe, who was a secondary character in previous books – but THIS IS THE BOOK THAT STARTS OFF AN EXPLOSION – and trust me, no matter what you’ll definitely NEED TO READ THIS BOOK FIRST to understand the next ones! (Read My Review).
- Master No (#9) – is the story of Tennesse Smith, the CIA Agent who sometimes works with the McKay-Taggart Company – he has always been an enigma and trust me, while his story isn’t on the list of my top favorites, this ENDS WITH A DOOZY OF A CURVE– that will have you panting for the next one! (Read My Review).
- From Sanctum With Love (#10) – is the story of Kai, the Psychiatrist employed by Sanctum and his assistant – and I absolutely LOVED this one – with Kai’s fetish and the his background, not to mention, that ARC that continues behind the scenes, pretty much had me glued to the pages (Read My Review).
- Dominance Never Dies (#11) – is the story of Case Taggart, we meet him in You Only Love Twice and Mia Denvers, whom we meet in From Sanctum With Love – and FINALLY we see some progress with the background on the continuing story ARC and believe you me, this book just leaves you salivating for more!! Especially with THAT teaser in the end! (Read My Review).
- Submission Is Not Enough (#12) – THIS IS BOOK I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR – AND IT RELEASES ON OCTOBER 18th!! T- 3 Months 9 Days To Go ❤
This series, basically of a novella length, focuses on the employees of Topped, Sean Taggart’s restaurant (from The Dom Who Loved Me) – they are also ex-military, a combination of characters and definitely worth the read! Only two books are out now, but I am so so hoping for more in this spin – off! ❤
- Luscious (Topped #1, M&M #8.2) – a totally new character, Macon Miles, an ex-vet and Adam’s brother (from The Men With The Golden Cuffs) – definitely new background, new place and some especially, HOT secondary characters!
- Just One Taste (Topped #2, M&M #9.5) – is the HEA of Eric Vail, an ex- Seal, and Deena, the submissive he has been paired with sanctum – No relation to any other characters in this series ❤
Another series that is the spin – off from The Masters and Mercenaries Series – will be this one focusing on Mia Denvers’ brothers. We met Mia, first in From Sanctum With Love and she found her HEA in Dominance Never Dies – but it was then we got to know a bit more about this band of siblings and their desire for revenge! And hence, the spin – off – LAWLESS!
- Ruthless (Lawless #1) – Releases on 9th AUGUST 2016 – and I am soon getting my hands on an eARC – and I can’t wait to know their HEA! I have a feeling it’s going to be EXPLOSIVE – and it will have to tide me over till the next book in Masters and Mercenaries comes out 😀
The Lawless siblings are bound by vengeance. Riley, Drew, Brandon, and Mia believe the CEO of StratCast orchestrated their parents’ murder twenty years ago to steal their father’s software program. And there’s only one way Riley can find some solid evidence…
Heir to the StratCast legacy, Ellie Stratton hires a new attorney to handle a delicate business matter—and she’s shocked by her attraction to him. Over the course of a few weeks, Riley becomes her lover, her friend, her everything. But when her life is threatened, Ellie discovers that Riley is more obsessed with settling an old score than in the love she thought they were building. And Riley must choose between a revenge he’s prepared for all his life and the woman he’s sure he can’t live without…
- Satisfaction (Lawless #2) – RELEASE DATE 3rd January 2017 – and is the second book in this spin -off!
Brandon Lawless is a man on a mission: obtain the information that will clear his father’s name. He’s willing to do whatever it takes—even seduce his enemy’s personal assistant, the beautiful and innocent Carly Hendricks. But with her beguiling smile and captivating intelligence, Brandon soon realizes he doesn’t want to deceive Carly, he wants to win her over—both in the boardroom and the bedroom.
Then a twisted crime leaves Carly vulnerable and Brandon finds himself reeling. The stakes of his mission are now life or death—Carly’s life. And Brandon realizes he’s lost his heart to an amazing woman and his plan must succeed, because the stakes are no longer just revenge, but a once in a lifetime love.
These are the books about passing/secondary characters in the Masters and Mercenaries books – that is to say, these characters are usually in the background, but that does NOT mean that they are not strong characters on their own – sometimes you see a hint of “something” between two characters or even a character that you just KNOW would have an awesome HEA, but they are also not directly involved with McKay and Taggart, but mostly with Sanctum, the BDSM club that Ian Taggart runs.
Also, while these might be considered novellas, by no means are you ever left dissatisfied, they read like full length novellas! Just another way, Lexi Blake shows how awesome she is:D
- Sanctum (#4.5) – is the story of Ryan, the Dugeon Master at the Sanctum – his job is to oversee everything at Sanctum and he has been mentioned quite a lot in the first 4 books – so his HEA is mostly a second – chance romance with his previous submissive, Jill Paxon.
- Unconditional (#5.5) – is the story of Ashley Paxon, Jill Paxon’s sister (from Sanctum) – Keith, Ryan’s friend (from Sanctum!) – Again, a beautifully written romance, and this one involves a BABY!
- Dungeon Games (#6.5) – is the story of Derek, a Police Detective that McKay and Taggart usually work with, when they want Sanctum related stuff to be under the table and Karina, a freelance PI – both are on the opposites but they have an explosive chemistry that just refuses to be ignored.
- Cherished (#7.5) – is the story of Bridget, one of the best friends of Serena in Men With the Golden Cuffs and Will, the doctor who got caught up in a murder mystery in Dungeon Games, get their own hard fought HEA in this novella.
- Sweet Child O’ Mine (#8.1) – IAN TAGGART WITH BABIES – THIS IS NOT A DRIL, I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL!! (Get this one for free when you join Lexi Blake’s Newsletter!)
- Adored (#8.5) – is the story of Mitch Bradford and Laurel Delay, Will’s best friend and sister (from Cherished) – another couple bites the HEA pill and definitely with panache!
- Devoted ( #10.5) – is the story of Amy Slaten, Bridget’s sister (From Cherished!) and a business rival she didn’t even know she had – Flynn Adler, Mitch Bradford’s (from Adored) step-brother – again a novella that I absolutely enjoyed!! (Read My Review).
This series is an ongoing series about a group of best friends that include the current President of the US of A – meaning that while every book is about a different couple, the mystery is ongoing and won’t be fully resolved till all the characters have their HEA 😉
This is a series that Lexi Blake has written with Shayla Black – and their is writting duo that trust me hits RIGHT ON POINT, with every book I read 😀
And I absolutely ADORE this series, I have to – because Ms. Black and Ms. Blake are the MISTRESSES of Romance – not only do I absolutely love these author’s writing style, but I also LOVE how they totally suck you in – you could start reading at 10 PM in the night and end up only looking up when you complete it at 2 AM in the morning – NOT KIDDING! It’s happened to me, with every single book in this series ❤
- Scandal Never Sleeps (#1) – This is the book that starts it all – Gabe is trying to keep the mess of his best friend’s death into becoming a freaking catastrophe, but isn’t exactly succeeding but when he finds out that his one-night stand, Everly Parker could be one of the pieces of the puzzle, it becomes downright chaos! (Read My Review)
- Seduction in Session (#2) – Connor is the sore thumb of the Perfect Gentlemen, he was the scholarship kid and now is the CIA Agent and the woman who believes that she is exposing the corrupt politicians, Lara Anderson. The mystery that started with Mad’s death goes a little deeper here and more explosive revelations are made (Read My Review)
- Big Easy Temptation (#3) – is the second chance romance of Dax Spencer and NCIS Agent Holland Kirk, a bit more angsty, and more action filled, the mystery continues with the fact that there is a lot more under the surface – a mystery, that I am now DYING TO UNCOVER! (Read My Review)
If you love your alpha heroes and romances with a hint of bite, trust me, then this is the series you definitely need to read!
These are not the series that I have read, but that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t you shouldn’t! But they are on my TBR – and I NEED to get to them SOON ❤
- Thieves Series – (#1 – #6) – This is a fantasy series, with continuing story ARC of a human living in the world of vampires, faes witches and werewolves – THESE BOOKS CAN’T BE READ AS STANDALONE!
- Hunter Series – a spin off from the Thieves series, follows a new heroine in the same world – These books also CANNOT READ AS STANDALONE!
- Masters of Menage Series – By the name of the series itself, you can understand that these are books about unconvential relationships – written together with Shayla Black.
I adored compiling this list for you, so I really hope that you enjoy getting to know this world of Lexi Blake! ❤